Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"TIME IS YOUR FRIEND"

Chapter 62 from Birch and Pine Whisper His Name  - A Tribute to Sri Sathya Sai Baba
 
Back in Switzerland and Canada innerviews  kept me centred in a place of peace while elsewhere tensions grew among nations - that is, as long as the conflicts remained far enough “elsewhere”. My daughter Mary was visiting an island of former Yugoslavia when war broke out. Immediately I was on tenterhooks, waiting by the telephone as she let me know each stage of her journey back to me. After her safe return, I was thanking Swami when he interrupted with: “Do you remember that group who made you feel so strangely jealous when I called them for interview? They were from ex-Yugoslavia.”

Indeed I had been sulking because it was nearly time to leave Prasanthi Nilayam and I had not yet had an interview. Swami called in a small group, and for the first time ever I had felt jealous of them. I sat opposite the mandir, listening to the puja and trying to banish my dark mood. All of a sudden I heard Swami internally, saying, "You wanted to  come in to this interview. Come!"

Mentally I let my spirit enter the interview room, where Swami directed me to sit beside Him and look toward the group. I could not see them. They were hidden by a thick, clinging, smelly brown cloud. Some light was showing at the bottom of it. I then saw several tall columns of golden light, devas, all around the clouded group. I lost concentration and returned to my place outside. Later I floated back into the interview room. Over the course of the interview the golden light from the group hearts, the devas and Swami gradually dissipated the brown cloud, and the group were bathed in this light. I knew nothing of what went on in the interview, only saw this cleansing process. Now I return to my morning meditation many months later, back in Geneva.

And so I began to understand how I had picked up something of their distress, but on a subconscious level, and how Swami had shown me a clearer vision then, and hope for the future. If indeed Love can clear away a brown cloud of fear and despair for one small group, then we may believe that Love can, and will, disperse the darkest clouds hiding the true light of every nation on earth.

Reminders of the Sai presence continued, some gentle and comforting to calm and give serenity where needed, while others took my breath away with their splendour and power. Every morning before getting up I took half an hour to meditate. Swami kept up my courage with “News from the Heart”.

Waking up one day later than usual, I tried to cut short my morning meditation. Almost as soon as Swami appeared in my mind’s eye, my day job beckoned, and I began to worry about being late for work. Anxiously I told Him that I “hadn’t much time”, and was sorry, but  ...

The Embodiment of Love cut into these time-consuming excuses with loving tones of cosmic grandeur that still fill me with awe: “Foolish talk! Time is your friend. I am Time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment